Alert Delivery Failure Report
View a Sample of this Report
The Alert Delivery Failure Report lists each failed delivery, the constituent who sent it, the intended recipient, and the failure reason. The report also provides retry links so that you can attempt delivery again if you choose.
Using the Alert Delivery Failure Report
Use the Alert Delivery Failure report to show:
- Fax and Email delivery failures
- Contact information for each respondent who sent a message that failed to deliver
- The intended recipient for each failed delivery
- The reason for each failed delivery attempt
- Retry links that allow you to reattempt the failed deliveries
Running the Alert Delivery Failure Report
Run the Alert Delivery Failure report as follows:
- Choose Data Management on the navigation bar and then select Reports from the drop-down list that displays to open the Report Selection screen.
- Click the plus sign (+) beside the Advocacy Reports folder to display the contents of the folder.
- Click the link for the Alert Delivery Failure Report.
- On the Report Configuration screen that opens, use the drop-down menu to select an Alert on which to base the report.
- Leave the State/Province choice set to All States, or choose a specific State or Province for the report by using the drop-down menu.
- Choose a Response Date for this report. Choices include:
- Predefined Date Range (such as All Dates, This Month, This Calendar Year, This Fiscal Year, etc.)
- Custom Date Range (choose exact dates from the date menus provided)
- Provide a Label for this report to help you identify it at a later time. (If you do not provide a label, "Alert Delivery Failure Report" and the date will identify the report.)
- Click the Submit Report button. The system will display the Report Results List with Queued as the Status of your report.
- Click the Refresh button to update the Status of the report.
- When the Status indicates that the report has been Completed, click one of the following links in the Actions column for the report:
- View - Display the report on your computer. You can then print or download the report from the displayed view. You can also click on Add to My Reports, provide a brief Description, and click Save to add this report -- with this configuration -- to the My Reports folder.
- Download - Download the file to your local computer or shared network resource.
- Print - Print the report via your standard Print application.
- Delete - Delete the report if you no longer need it.
[Back to Top]
Viewing the Results of the Alert Delivery Failure Report
The Alert Delivery Failure Report provides information about all failed attempts to deliver email and fax messages to the targeted recipients for an alert.
Important: The Retry all failures for this alert link at the top of the report allows you to retry all failed deliveries. As an alternative, you can retry failed deliveries individually from the Retry Failure column in the report. Retrying failures individually may be a better choice, since the reasons for some failures are such that a reattempt will remain unsuccessful.
Each of the fields in the report is discussed in detail below:
Name of the alert on which this report is based
Alert Internal Name
Internal name of the alert on which this report is based
The name of the intended recipient for each failed delivery
The description of each recipient listed -- State Senator, Governor, CEO, etc.
Email or Fax
Reason for the fax or email delivery failure. See the list of
fax errors and
email and webform errors below.
Provides a link so that you can retry failed deliveries for each targeted recipient; as an alternative, you can use the "Retry all failures for this alert link" at the top of the report to retry all failures at once
The name of the constituent who sent the fax or email that failed to deliver
Email address of the constituent who sent the fax or email that failed to deliver; clicking the email link opens an email window already addressed to that constituent
Address of the constituent who sent the fax or email that failed to deliver
Any text that was added to the alert message by the named constituent
[Back to Top]
Fax Errors that May Appear in the Failure Code Column
Important: The items marked with
an asterisk will always end in failure and should not be retried.
- Connection dropped
- Invalid fax number*
- Deliver partial fax, recipient’s fax machine stopped receiving
- No signal from fax line
- Out of paper
- Possibly line noise
- Connection dropped unexpectedly
- Disconnected while in progress
- Destination fax machine could not receive Fine resolution images
- Error Correcting Mode error
- Disconnected due to Error Correcting Mode error
- Fax server board encountered error
- Receiving fax machine improperly configured
- Fax did not get sent out. Fax server error
- No dial or fax tone*
- No answer or voice answer*
- Line busy
- Busy or invalid number
- Voice answer*
- Ring no answer or voice answer*
- Network pickup or voice pickup*
- Voice recording*
- Invalid number*
- Unable to retrieve file or file missing
- File corrupted
- Fax interrupted
- Fax cancelled
- Unknown country code*
Email and Webform Errors that May Appear in the Failure Code Column
This is a list of the most commonly-received error messages in the Alert Delivery
Failure Report. Convio Advocacy data analysts monitor webform
errors on a daily basis and, for most errors, correct them as needed. If the errors below continue to occur for a
particular webform, please contact Convio Support and log a case.
- Unable to deliver due to limitation with our webform delivery tool
Convio is unable to configure our webform delivery system for this legislator's or official's webform. Constituents whose zip code maps to this legislator or official will instead see a link that they can click in order to fill out the corresponding webform manually.
- Unable to automate the processing of recipient web form
The elected official's webform requires the constituent to enter some information interactively, such as a phone number or a response to a CAPTCHA question, and the constituent did not complete that additional interactive process.
- Bad Email Address/No Email Address
The elected official's email address is not available.
- MapDataSourceToInputText REQUIRED data source not found
A required field on the elected official's form was blank in the action alert form. Convio webform analysts should detect this error condition and correct it.
- waitForTextPresent - Timed out after 30000ms
The webform processor waited for some specific text to appear and it timed out after 30 seconds. Convio webform analysts should detect this error condition and correct it.
- clickAndWait - Timed out after 30000ms
After clicking a Submit Form button, the webform processor waited for the page to load and timed out after 30 seconds. Convio webform analysts should detect this error condition and correct it.
- The INITIAL WebPage does not match the response.
This usually means the elected official has changed their webform and the webform processor no longer recognizes the initial webform page.
It can also mean that the elected official's website has a temporary error page due to high traffic on their site. Convio webform analysts should detect this error and correct it.
- Unable to locate a configured form on the response page
This usually occurs with multi-page contact forms that require multiple form submissions (for example, the first form asks for a zip code and the second form asks for contact information if the zip code validates). The webform processor cannot find the expected fields (for example, name and address). This can be a permanent problem if the webform has changed. It can be a temporary problem if the page is temporarily having difficulties loading the webpage or if the form was submitted incorrectly - with an invalid
zip code for example. Convio webform analysts should detect this error condition and correct it.
- MapDataSourceToSelect matching WebOption match not found
The webform processor tried to select an element that no longer exists from a dropdown list. Convio webform analysts should detect this error condition and correct it.
- Name in certificate does not match host name
Either the server's security certificate was not considered legal (because it had expired or because of unknown critical extensions, for example) or, more likely, the issuer is not trusted. This happens more frequently because you can now use a host name in the certificate that is different than the one using the certificate. Convio webform analysts should detect this errorcondition and correct it.
- Open - Timed out after 30000ms
The webform processor timed out after trying to load the initial web page. Convio webform analysts should detect this error condition and correct it.
- Select - ERROR: Option with label not found
The webform processor tried to select an item that does not exist from a dropdown list. For example, selecting Ontario from a list
of U.S. States. Convio webform analysts should detect this error condition and correct it.
- Zip code outside of rep's district according to this site
The zip code provided is either invalid or does not map to any existing district according to our district mapping data.
- Zip code cannot be found in this site's list of known zip codes
The zip code provided by the constituent cannot be found on the elected official's site in the list of known zip codes.
- Zip code not specific enough for this site. ZIP+4 needed.
The elected official's webform requires ZIP+4, and Convio Advocacy was unable to correct the constituent's address to automatically include the full ZIP+4.
[Back to Top]