Multiple Language Support in Receipt Manager
In Receipt Manager, you create a receipt template for each locale you need. When a receipt is sent to a constituent, it uses the template matching the constituent's preferred locale.
To do this, you create a PDF Receipt template offline for a specific locale, with translated or localized content, then assign the locale to the receipt template when you upload it to Receipt Manager. You can also change the locale when you edit a template. Always make sure the template corresponds to the selected locale!
When you configure the autoresponder for the template, you can provide locale-specific text for user-facing fields and message content.
Two currencies are supported in Receipt Manager: U.S. Dollar (USD) and Canadian Dollar (CAD). Usually, a site is set to automatically match the currency to an end user's locale. Because the Spanish-United States locale uses the U.S. Dollar (USD), it is not recommended for fundraising in Mexico and other central and Latin American countries.
Example: Client Dan works for an organization based in Canada with both French and English speaking constituents. The organization runs several TeamRaiser events, and is required by Canadian law to provide receipts for every donation and to account for every single receipt number in the sequence of receipt numbers. Offline, Dan creates two different versions of a PDF receipt template, one in English and one in French. He then uploads each PDF, assigning the English-Canada locale to one and the French-Canada locale to the other. He associates both templates with several campaigns.
In Québec, Constituent Chloé donates to the French version of the TeamRaiser. After completing her donation, Chloé receives an email with an attached PDF receipt. The receipt is in French; its number is 101.
In Ontario, Constituent James donates to the English version of the TeamRaiser seconds after Chloé’s donation goes through. Within moments, James receives an email with a PDF receipt attached. The receipt is in English; its number is 102.
To create a receipt template for a specific locale
- Create a receipt template offline (as a PDF), with appropriate content for the locale you want. For instance, a template for the French-Canada locale will be in French.
- Select Receipt Manager in the Data Management menu of the navigation bar.
- Click on Create a New Template. Complete the fields in the Identify Template process step.
- In the Upload File step, select a File Locale. This template will be used for receipts sent to constituents for whom that is the preferred locale.
- Browse for and upload the template PDF you created offline.
- Complete the Application List process step as usual, associating this receipt template with specific campaigns and other items within each application.
- Configure the autoresponder to match the File Locale you selected. Use the multi-locale tabs for the user-facing Envelope fields.