Managing Social Media Widgets
A Social Media Widget is a small component containing a snippet of HTML code that you can make available to your constituents to copy and paste on their social networking sites, blogs, or email signatures to help support and raise awareness of an activity of your organization (such as a fundraiser).
You can access the Social Media Widgets application by selecting Constituent360 > Social Media in the navigation bar.
Click one of the following links to learn more about:
A Social Media Widget contains the HTML code that identifies a graphical image and links it to a specific page (such as a donation form or TeamRaiser registration page) on your Convio-powered Web site as well as additional code that helps track metrics for the link (such as click-throughs). Click here to view a sample of a Widget that can be placed on a page.
Before you actually create a Widget, you must create a campaign that is associated with a specific Convio activity (for example, a TeamRaiser event or other fundraiser with a donation form) and a type of item within the activity (such as TeamRaiser registrations or donation dollars raised).
If your site has the Advocacy application installed and the appropriate site option enabled, you can provide Advocacy Widgets that constituents can use to direct their friends and family to take an Advocacy Action Alert.
The types of Social Media Widgets available include:
- Advocacy Alert Responses, which will show the number of times a specified action alert was taken because of the widget.
- Donation Campaign Dollars, which will show the monetary amount raised by gifts given to the donation form associated with the widget.
- Donation Campaign Donations, which will show the number of gifts given to the donation form associated with the widget.
- TeamRaiser Registrations, which will show the number of people who registered for the TeamRaiser event from the widget.
- TeamRaiser Personal Dollars, which will show the monetary amount that the participant raises through this widget. Note that the money raised through this widget is credited to the participant as well as included in the progress meter on the Personal Page of the participant.
Within a campaign, you can create Banner and Progress Component Widgets. A Banner Component contains a static digital photograph or piece of artwork while a Progress Component contains a dynamic graphical progress meter that can visibly show progress towards a goal. A standard progress meter is supplied as well as several sample progress meters you can use for your Component, or a title="Displays the Help Topic about Managing Widgets Progress Meters" href="PageServer?pagename=Admin_Widgets_ProgressMeters">you can create your own progress meter and use it in a Progress Component.
You can then insert each Banner or Progress Widget on an appropriate site page, such as the Participant Center page of a TeamRaiser, by selecting Widgets from the Components menu in the WYSIWYG Editor. Your constituents who are logged in can display the HTML snippet, copy it, and place it anywhere they would normally publish HTML content. They can simply post the Widget as is or enter a goal they would like to achieve.
People who click the Widget are linked back to your targeted page (such as the TeamRaiser Registration page or donation form for a fundraiser). The clickthroughs on the Widget as well as actions taken are tracked by the system and made available in a Widget Report where you can see the name of the constituent who placed the Widget as well as the date and URL of the last click-through.