The Stationery application allows you to create custom stationery that you can use throughout your site. You can use custom stationery to enhance email messages and autoresponders; you can also make custom stationery available to your constituents to use when sending eCards or when sending TeamRaiser, Club, Personal Event, or Personal Fundraising email. When you create custom stationery, you designate the use for that specific stationery.
Note: If no stationery is created for Club email, Club Owners will send their messages with blank stationery; if, however, one or more stationeries are created for club use, owners will have the use of those custom stationeries, but will not have the use of a Blank stationery unless you specifically create and publish a Blank stationery and designate it for Club use.
This section will cover the following topics:
u Accessing the Stationery Application
u Creating New Stationery
u Getting Started
u Setting up the HTML Template
u Setting up the Plain Text Alternative
u Uploading a Thumbnail Image for the Stationery
u Finishing the Stationery
u Previewing Stationery
u Publishing Stationery
u Copying Stationery
u Deleting Stationery
Accessing the Stationery Application
To access the Stationery application: From the navigation bar, click Email and then click Stationery from the drop-down list displayed. The Stationery List page opens.
Creating New Stationery
Create new Stationery as follows:
1. Click Create a New Stationery at the upper left of the Stationery List page.
2. On the page that opens, enter a name for the stationery. This name will be displayed to the person using the stationery, such as the administrator who is composing an Email or the constituent who is sending an eCard.
3. Select a Security Category for this stationery. This category will determine which administrators can use or edit the stationery for Email and Autoresponder messages.
a) Uncategorized stationery (No security) and stationery in the "General" category will be available for all items in the applications you select in the next step. However, stationery that you place in any other category (such as "Texas" or "Northwest") will only be available to administrators who are configuring email messages, autoresponders, and eCards if they have permission to see and work with items in that category.
b) Stationery that you place in a specific category (other than General) will not be available to TeamRaiser Participants, Personal Event Hosts, Personal Fundraising Champions, or Club Owners (even if you designate it for their use). Read more about How Security Categories affect the Availability of Email Stationery.
4. Check all applications where you would like this stationery to be available (for example, eCards and Email Campaigns).
5. Click Next.
Setting up the HTML Template
1. If you already have CSS styles for your site that you would like to use, select a style from the drop-down menu and click Copy From File to paste that style into the window.
2. You can also type styles directly into the window.
Note: You are not required to include styles.
3. Click Next.
4. Choose a basic layout for the stationery from the list supplied.
5. Click Next to access the WYSIWYG screen. The screen will contain spaces for the layout elements you have chosen (such as a header, footer, and sidebar). The screen will also contain placeholder text for the actual message that will be composed when the stationery is used (unless you have chosen to start with a Blank layout). A sample layout screen is shown below. This layout provides space for a header, footer, and left sidebar:
6. Use the full features of the WYSIWYG to design your stationery in the spaces provided for each element. You can use tables and incorporate a background color, insert images, insert links and/or contact information, apply styles, and much more.
Important: Do not attempt to modify the Message Placeholder text. The placeholder text will be entirely replaced when you use the stationery.
Tip: It is a good idea to enclose your header and/or footer content in a table and restrict the width to about 600 to 650 pixels. This is a good width for email newsletters and eCards and will help to control the content.
7. If you have chosen to start with a Blank layout, include a placeholder for the body of the message by placing the cursor in the appropriate location and choosing Stationery - Message Placeholder from the drop-down Components menu. (If you have chosen any other layout, the Message Placeholder text will already be in place for you.)
8. When finished with the HTML design, click Next.
Setting up the Plain Text Alternative
1. If you would like to create the plain text version of your stationery from the HTML content, click Update Plain Text. This action will add the contents of the header and sidebars of your HTML version to the header window discussed in the next step. It will also update the footer for the plain text version with the contents of your HTML version.
2. Enter a header for the plain text alternative or review and/or modify the contents of the header window if you have chosen to update this window from the HTML content.
3. Review and/or modify the footer for the plain text alternative.
Note: This screen also contains a placeholder for the body of the message which will be entirely replaced when you use the stationery.
4. Click Next.
Uploading a Thumbnail Image for the Stationery
Upload an image to use as a thumbnail that will be shown when someone is selecting the stationery for use in an eCard, TeamRaiser Email, Personal Event Email, or Club Email.
1. Upload an image to use as a thumbnail by either of the following methods:
u To insert an image that has been previously uploaded to your Image Library:
1) Click Search the Image Library to open the list of images in your library.
2) Click the Select icon beside the image of your choice to return to the Stationery configuration flow.
u To upload a new image from your computer:
1) Prepare your image. Images must be jpg files and will be automatically resized to 120 x 80 pixels. Files should be no larger than 1.562 MB.
2) Click the Browse button to locate and Open the image file on your local computer or shared network resource. The system will fill in the path to the file in the field shown on the current page.
3) Click the Upload Image button. (The image will also be uploaded to your Image Library for future use. The Title of the file in your Image Library will be the Name of your Stationery.)
Note: After uploading an image by either method, you will have the option to Delete it and upload a different image.
2. Click Next to finish configuring your stationery.
Finishing the Stationery
1. Click Preview Stationery to see what your HTML version will look like.
2. Close the Preview window.
3. If everything looks fine, you can click Publish Stationery to make your stationery available to those applications you have specified. (You will be returned to the opening Stationery List page and should see a message at the top of the page indicating that the stationery was successfully published.) If you do not want to publish the stationery at this time, you can return to this page later or Publish the Stationery from the opening Stationery List page.
4. Click Finish to return to the Stationery List page if you are not publishing your stationery at this time.
Stationery can be previewed by either of the following methods:
u Preview stationery on the final configuration screen when you create the stationery (as discussed in the preceding section).
u Preview stationery on the Stationery List page by clicking the Preview link in the Actions column beside the Stationery Name.
Stationery must be published before it becomes available for the applications you have selected. Stationery can be published by either of the following methods:
u Publish stationery on the final configuration page when creating the stationery (as discussed in the section on Creating New Stationery).
u Publish stationery on the Stationery List page by clicking the Publish link in the Actions column beside the Stationery Name.
The following message will appear at the top of the Stationery List page after using either of these methods to publish your stationery: Stationery layout successfully published.
Copy existing stationery as follows:
1. Access the Stationery List page.
2. Click the Copy link in the Actions column beside the Stationery Name.
3. Proceed to modify the copy as you wish.
Important: When working with a copy of existing stationery, you will not have a choice of layout. Your layout will be the same as the original.
If you no longer need particular stationery, you can delete the stationery as follows:
1. Access the Stationery List page.
2. Click the Delete link in the Actions column beside the Stationery Name.
3. When asked to confirm the deletion, click OK.
Back to Top of Page