Completing a Registration Form to Register on Our Site
Typically, a Registration page contains a form with fields
available for entering biographical details about yourself, your
email and postal address contact information, and so on.
Almost always, you must enter a First Name, Last Name, and
email address at minimum. Information fields that require a
value are marked and you may not be able to process your
registration if you do not enter a valid value.
Often, you can create your own User Name and Password
while registering on this type of page.
Once you have submitted your registration form and it
has been processed, a confirmation page or message
will display to tell you that you have succesfully created your
user account. If you entered your own login User Name and
Password, you can log into the site.
If your registration must be approved by the site administrator
before you become a registered user on our site, you will receive
an email that informs you of your login information and the next steps
Step 1: Display the Registration Page
Most likely you will click a link on our site or in an email.
Step 2: Enter Information
Enter your information in the fields and make the required selections.
You must enter valid information in the fields that are prefixed with an asterisk.
If you are asked to supply login information: (sometimes your User Name and
Password arrives in an email later with the proper login instructions
so do not worry if these fields do not display)
- For User Name, enter a name that you can easily remember each time you want to log into this site. You must enter at least 5 numbers or letters. You cannot use any special characters from the keyboard (like the - or ?).
- For your Password, enter a word or phrase of between 5 and 10 numbers and letters. You may want to enter a password you can easily remember each time you log in.
- Retype your password to verify it.
- For a Reminder Hint that the system can display to you if you forget your password, enter a word or a phrase that will help you remember the password you have chosen.
Step 3: Submit the Registration Form
Click the appropriate button (for example, Register or
Submit. A confirmation page (or success message along the top
of the page) will display.
If your registration cannot be processed,
error messages will be displayed along the top of the page and they will usually
contain the resolution. Most often the problems include:
- Information not entered in a required field (which is a field denoted with an asterisk * symbol). To resolve this error, enter the required information.
- Invalid Password entered, which often means that you have not entered at least five letters or numbers or entered an invalid special keyboard character. To resolve this error, try entering another password without the keyboard characters in it
- Passwords do not match. To resolve this error, try entering the password again in both fields.
- Duplicate user name found. To resolve this error, try entering a variation of the user name (maybe add numbers behind it, like blackcat13).
- Invalid User Name entered, which often means that you have not entered at least five letters or numbers or entered an invalid special keyboard character. To resolve this error, try entering another name without the keyboard characters in it.
After resolving the errors, follow the steps on the page to finish.
[Back to Top of Page]