Changing and Saving a Sample Message Before Sending It
You can change a sample message and save it without sending it to preserve the words you have changed. Note that any recipients you have manually entered will not be saved.
Tip: You may want to use the existing sample as a model to create a special Reminder message to send to people to whom you have sent the original solicitation for gifts but have not as yet donated or visited your Personal Page.
Step 1: Display the Email Page
Click Email from the top of the Participant Center page (or, click the Email link at the bottom of the page).
Note: If you are not on the Participant Center page, log in to the site, click the link that displays the Greeting page, and then click the Participant Center link.
Step 2: Display the Compose Your Email Message Below Page
Click the link for the message from the Suggested Messages list. The Compose Your Email Message Below page displays with your name and email address already filled in along with the existing Subject and Body text.
Step 3: Edit or Enter the Subject Line
Click into the Subject area and type in your text if you want to change the subject line.
Step 4: Edit or Enter the Body Text
Click into the Body area and add new words or paragraphs, remove existing words, or change words.
(1) You cannot use formatted or HTML coding in the Message Body.
(2) A more personalized message will increase the chance that the recipient will read your message and visit your Personal Page to make a donation.
(3) The system automatically adds a link to your Personal Page in all emails sent from the Participant Center so that the recipients can access it from here.
Step 5: Preview Your Message
- Click the Preview button. The message displays in a separate email window.
- Carefully look over the subject and message to be sure it conveys the thought you want.
- Click the link to be sure it displays your Personal Page.
- Click the Close Preview Window button when you are finished.
Step 6: Make Adjustments
Click into the appropriate fields to make any adjustments and repeat Step 5.
Step 7: Save This Message
- Click the Save button. The Save Email Message as a Template to Use Later page displays.
- Leave the Replace an existing message template radio button to overwrite the contents in this message to a message with the same name on the Suggested Messages list on the Email page.
Or, click the Save as a new message template radio button to add this directly to the Suggested Messages list on the Email page.
Tip: It is a good idea to type a new name in the Message Name field so you can distinguish this message from others in the list.
- Click the Save button. The Save Email pop-up closes.