Following up with Contacts Who Have Not Yet Donated On Your Behalf for this Event
You can list the people who have not donated on your behalf and send them an appropriate message either an appeal for support or a reminder about your event.
Step 1: Display the Follow-ups Page
Click Follow-ups from the top of the Participant Center page.
Note: If you are not on the Participant Center page, log in to the site, click the link that displays the Greeting page, and then click the Participant Center link.
Step 2: Display the List of Contacts
From the Show contacts who … drop-down list, click have not donated on your behalf for this event. The appropriate contacts display in the list.
Step 3: Select the Recipients of this Email
Click the Send Email to All button. The Suggested Messages page opens.
Or, click the checkboxes next to each contact to whom you want to send this email and click the Send Email to Selected button. The Suggested Messages page opens.
Step 4: Select the Email Message
From the list of Suggested Messages, click the appropriate message. The message displays with your name in the Your Name field, your email address in the Your Email field, and the recipients you selected in the Send to list.
Note: You can make adjustments to the fields by clicking into the field, selecting and deleting the text, and making a new entry.
Step 5: Edit or Enter the Body Text
Click into the Body area and add new words or paragraphs, remove existing words, or change words.
Note: You cannot use formatted or HTML coding in the Message Body.
Step 6: Preview Your Message
- Click the Preview button. The message displays in a separate email window.
- Carefully look over the subject and message to be sure it conveys the thought you want.
- Click the link to be sure it displays your Personal Page.
- Click the Close Preview Window button when you are finished.
Step 7: Make Adjustments
Click into the appropriate fields to make any adjustments and repeat Step 6.
Step 8: Send Your Message
Click the Send button. The Your email has been sent page displays and offers links you can use to perform your next task.
Step 9: Saving Your Message for Reuse
- Click the Save this message as template link on the Thank You page. The Save Email Message as a Template to Use Later page displays.
- Click into the Message Name field and type a descriptive label that will help you identify this message in the Suggested Messages list on the Email page.
- Click the Save button. This page closes and the Suggested Messages page displays again with your saved message template in the appropriate section.
(1) You can use the Edit action to open the message to change something about it and then save it again either as a new message or over the existing message.
(2) You can also Delete the message if you do not want to use it again.