Sending an Appeal for Support to Contacts
You can use the list on the Follow Up page to display the contacts from your into your Address Book who have not yet been sent an Appeal for Support email from the Email area of this Champion Center, and then quickly send them the one.
Step 1: Display the Follow Up Page
From the top of a Champion Center page, click Follow Up (or the Follow Up link from the bottom of the page).
Note: If you are not in the Champion Center for your fund, click the link that displays the Personal Fundraising campaigns and click the Champion Center or Champion Dashboard link to locate the fund you want to work with.
Step 2: Display the List of Contacts Who Should Receive this Email
From the Show contacts who drop-down list, click You have never emailed.
Step 3: Select the Contacts to Receive this Appeal
To send the appeal to:
- Everyone in the list, click the Send Email to All button.
- Only selected contacts in the list, click the checkbox for each contact and click the Send Email to Selected button.
Step 4: Select the Sample Appeal Message and Enter Customized Content
- Click Appeal. The message envelope and content display.
- For Your Name, enter the text you want people to associate with this message if different than what is displayed.
- For Subject, enter a personal subject line to entice people to open and view this email (for example, Check Out My Fund for My Mother).
- In the Body area, enter any additional content or revise the existing wording. Note that you cannot use formatted or HTML coding in this area.
- To be sure the message will display to recipients as you want it to:
- Click the Preview button. The message displays in a separate browser window.
- Carefully look over the subject and message to be sure it conveys the thought you want and, when you are finished, click the Close Preview Window button.
- Make any adjustments and repeat the Preview step above until you are happy with the results.
Step 4: Send the Appeal
Click Send (located below the message area). The Thank You! Your email has been sent page displays with links that you can use to perform your next task.