Editing and Sending a Suggested Message
When you open the Appeal or Thank You sample messages or one that you have previously saved, your name, email address, subject line, and body content are displayed. You can change words, add more words, or remove words to personalize the message envelope or message content.
Step 1: Display the Suggested Messages List
Click Email from the top of a Champion Center page (or, click the Email link at the bottom of the page).
Note: If you are not in the Champion Center for your fund, click the link that displays the Personal Fundraising campaigns and click the Champion Center or Champion Dashboard link to locate the fund you want to work with.
Step 2: Display the Message Envelope and Content
From the Suggested Messages list, click the name of the message. The Compose Your Email Message Below page opens with your name and email address already filled in along with the existing Subject and Body text.
Step 3: Select and Enter People to Receive Your Message
- From the Your Address Book section, to select:
- One name at a time, click the name of a person who should receive this email and click Add Recipients.
- Or, Only specific people, press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard as you click each name to include and click Add Recipients.
- Or, everyone in the list:
- Click the first name in the block and click the last name in the block.
- Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard to highlight the entire block.
- Click Add Recipients.
- To manually enter more recipients:
- Click into the Send to area and manually type an email address.
- Press the Enter key and type the next name.
- Repeat this until all of the email addresses you need are entered).
Note: The email addresses that you manually enter here will be added to your Address Book when you click the Send button. You may want to return to the Address Book to add the contact First and Last Names. For assistance, refer to Using Your Personal Address Book.
Step 4: Edit or Enter the Subject Line
Click into the Subject area and enter your text. (Or, if text already exists, make your changes to it.)
You can make the subject of an Appeal message more engaging by adding a few words (for example, Please Support the Research Behind a Cure for Aunt Betsey Now). Or, if you have created an Honorary or Memorial fund, adding the name of the honoree to the Thank You message may show you took the time to personally prepare the messages.
Step 5: Edit or Enter the Body Text
Click into the Body area and add new words or paragraphs, remove existing words, or change words. You cannot use formatted or HTML coding in the Message Body.
(1) A more personalized Appeal will increase the chance that the recipient will read your message and visit your fund page to make a donation.
(2) The link to your fund page is automatically inserted in all emails sent from the Champion Center so that the recipients can access it from here.
Step 6: Preview Your Message
- Click Preview. Your email message opens in a separate browser window.
- Carefully look over the subject and message to be sure it conveys the thought you want.
- Click the link to be sure it displays your fund page.
- Click Close Preview Window when you are finished.
Step 7: Make Adjustments to Your Message (If Necessary)
Click into the appropriate fields to make any adjustments and repeat Step 7.
Step 8: Send Your Message
Click Send. The Thank You! Your email has been sent page opens with links that you can use to perform your next task.
Note: If you Save this message without sending it, all names that you manually enter will be lost.
Step 9: Save Your Message for Reuse
- On Thank You! Your email has been sent page, click Save this message as template. The Save Email Message as a Template page opens.
- Click into the Message Name field and type a descriptive label that will help you identify this message in the Suggested Messages list on the Email page.
- Click into any of the other fields and make any changes.
- Click Save. The Suggested Messages list displays with your new message showing. (Notice that this message has Edit and Delete actions to the right of the name.)
(1) You can click its Edit link to open the message to change something about it and then save it again either as a new message or over the existing message.
(2) If you do not want to keep the message, click its Delete link.