Changing and Saving a New Message Before Sending It
You can change a sample message and save it without sending it to preserve the words you have changed. For example, you may want to use the Sample Appeal as a model to create a special Reminder Appeal message to send to people to whom you have sent the original appeal but have not as yet donated or visited the fund.
Do not manually enter email addresses before you save this message as they will not be entered in your Address Book. It is better to save the message template and then open it, select and enter your email addresses, and then send it.
Step 1: Display the Suggested Messages List
Click Email from the top of a Champion Center page (or, click the Email link at the bottom of the page).
Note: If you are not in the Champion Center for your fund, click the link that displays the Personal Fundraising campaigns and click the Champion Center or Champion Dashboard link to locate the fund you want to work with.
Step 2. Display the Compose Your Email Message Below Page
Click the name of the appropriate message from the Suggested Messages list. The Compose Your Email Message Below page opens with your name and email address already filled in along with the suggested Subject and Body text.
Step 3: Edit or Enter the Subject Line
Click into the Subject area and enter your text. (Or, if text already exists, make your changes to it.)
Note: You can make the subject of an Appeal message more engaging by adding a few words (for example, Please Support the Research Behind a Cure for Aunt Betsey Now). Or, if you have created an Honorary or Memorial fund, adding the name of the honoree to the Thank You message may show you took the time to personally prepare the messages.
Step 4: Edit or Enter the Body Text
Click into the Body area and add new words or paragraphs, remove existing words, or change words. You cannot use formatted or HTML coding in the Message Body.
(1) A more personalized Appeal will increase the chance that the recipient will read your message and visit your fund page to make a donation.
(2) The link to your fund page is automatically inserted in all emails sent from the Champion Center so that the recipients can access it from here.
Step 5: Preview Your Message
- Click Preview. Your email message opens in a separate browser window.
- Carefully look over the subject and message to be sure it conveys the thought you want.
- Click the link to be sure it displays your fund page.
- Click Close Preview Window when you are finished.
Step 6: Make Adjustments to Your Message (If Necessary)
Click into the appropriate fields to make any adjustments and repeat Step 5.
Step 7: Save This Message
- Click Save. The Save Email Message as a Template to Use Later page opens.
- To overwrite the contents in this message to a message with the same name on the Suggested Messages list, leave the Replace an existing message template option button selected.
- It is a good idea to type a new name in the Message Name field so you can distinguish this message from others in the list.
- Click Save. This focus returns to the Compose Email page again.
Step 8. Close the Compose Email Page
Click Cancel to close the Compose Email page and display the Champion Center home page again.