Entering a Gift that Someone Gives To You
If someone gives you cash or a check (or promises to pay you later), you can record this gift before turning it into the organization so that the system can keep track of it for your fundraising totals. Cash, check, or pay-later gifts that you enter are unconfirmed until the administrative staff of the organization receives the cash or check in-hand and marks them confirmed.
Note: This feature may not be available on all sites. If the Enter Gifts Received Offline link does not display on the My Progress or Team Progress page, you cannot enter these gifts yourself and must forward them on to the organization.
In some cases, recording the gift may immediately update your fundraising amounts and goal (if applicable) that displays on your Personal Page and My Progress page as well as the Team totals on the Team Page if you are a member of a team. In other cases, you may need to wait until the actual cash or check is received by the organization and the gift is marked as confirmed.
You may also be able to enter a credit-card payment for a gift, which will be a confirmed gift because credit-card payments are processed when you enter them.
In addition to gifts for your personal fundraising efforts, you may also be able to enter gifts given in support of the team on which you are participating if allowed by the organization.
Step 1. Display the Appropriate Progress Page
To record a gift given to:
- Your personal fundraising efforts, click My Progress from the top navigation area of the Participant Center homepage.
- Your team, click Team Progress from the top navigation area of the Participant Center homepage.
Tip: If you are not on the Participant Center homepage, log in to the site, click the link that displays the fundraising event, and then click the Participant Center link.
Step 2. Display the Enter Offline Gifts Page
Click the Enter Gifts Received Offline link.
Step 3. Enter Information About the Donor
- Click into the First field and enter the first name of the donor.
- Click into the Last field and enter the last name of the donor.
- Click into the Email field and enter the email address at which the donor receives email.
- You can also optionally, click the:
- Title drop-down list and click the appropriate Mr, Mrs, Ms, Miss, or Dr option to display in front of the name of the donor.
- Middle field and enter the middle name of the donor.
- Suffix drop-down list and click the appropriate Jr, Sr, III, or IV option to display in after the name of the donor.
- Street 1 field and type the residential or mailing address of the donor.
- Street 2 field and type the suite number, apartment, or other address information for the donor.
- City field and type the city that corresponds to the street information above.
- State drop-down list and click the two-letter abbreviation for the state in which the donor resides.
- ZIP field and type in the five-digit ZIP or postal code that corresponds to the information supplied above.
- Country drop-down list and click the name of the country in which the donor resides.
Step 4. Enter the Gift Amount
Click into the Gift Amount field and type the monetary amount of the gift.
Step 5. Select the Gift Type
To record a:
- Cash payment, leave the Cash option button selected.
- Check payment, click the Check option button and then, in the Check Number field that displays, enter the number on the check.
- Promised gift, click the Pay Later option button.
- Credit card payment:
- Click the Credit Card option button. Credit card information fields will display.
- If the billing name and address on the credit card is the:
- Same as the information you entered above, click the Copy button to fill in the information from above.
- Different than the information you entered above, enter and select the appropriate information for the Billing Address.
- Click into the Credit Card Number field and type in the numbers shown on the donor’s card.
- If the Verification Code field is displayed, enter the three-digit code on the back of the card.
- Click the Month and Year Expiration drop-down menus and click the appropriate expiration date on the card.
Step 6. Enter the Name for the Gift List
Click into the Name for the Gift List field and enter the name to display in the Honor Roll list that displays on your Personal Page and Team Page.
Note: If the donor does not want their name to display, type in Anonymous.
Step 7. Specify Not to List the Amount If the Donor Has Made This Request
Click the Do not display the amount of this gift on my personal page checkbox to keep this amount from displaying with the donor’s name on the Honor Roll list that displays on your Personal Page and Team Page.
Step 8. Process this Transaction
If this gift is:
- The only gift you are recording, click the Save button. The Progress page displays again.
- One of several gifts you are recording, click the Save and Add Another button to display another blank Enter Offline Gifts page.