Entering the Honoree Information
The name you provide here displays on the fund page above the donation button and is used by the system to locate the fund. Only the First and Last Name of the Honoree are required, but out of respect, you may want to add a Title (Mr, Mrs, and so on), Suffix (Jr, III, and so on), or a Professional Suffix (MD, JD, and so on). You can also use the Middle Name field to add a maiden name, family surname, or nickname.
You can select to have the system email the fund Honoree each time a donation is made to the fund.
(1) You must make the Title, Suffix, and Professional Suffix selections now. You cannot add them later.
(2) You can edit the first, middle, or last name information from the Champion Center. For example, you can correct typographical errors or add nicknames.
(3) Using your Address Book, you can select additional contacts to be notified of donations if a series of people (such as the brothers and sisters of an Honoree) have requested that of you.
Step 1: Enter the Name of the Honoree
- Optionally, click the Title drop-down list and click the appropriate option to add Mr, Mrs, Ms, Miss, or Dr in front of the First Name of the Honoree.
- Click into the First Name field and enter the full first name of the Honoree. You can enter more than one name, for example Betty Lou or John (Jack). However, you can use the Middle Name field to enter shortened versions, nicknames, or other names by which the Honoree is known.
- Optionally, click into the Middle Name field and enter a middle name, nickname, or maiden name associated with the Honoree.
- Click into the Last Name field and enter the last name of the Honoree.
- Optionally, click the Suffix drop-down list and click the appropriate option to add Sr, Jr, III, or IV behind the Last Name of the Honoree.
- Optionally, click the Professional Suffix drop-down list and click the appropriate option to add a professional suffix to add Esq, MD, JD, and so on, behind the Suffix or Last Name of the Honoree.
Step 2: Enter the Contact Information for the Honoree
- Click into the Address 1 field and enter the number and street name for the residence of the Honoree.
- Click into the Address 2 field and enter the other residence information (such as apartment or suite number).
- Click into the City field and enter the city in which the residential address is located.
- Click the State/Province drop-down list and select the appropriate state or province that corresponds to the residential information supplied above.
- Click into the ZIP/Postal Code drop-down list and select the appropriate option that corresponds to the residential information supplied above.
- Click into the Email field and enter the email address at which the Honoree receives email. Note that you must supply an email address if you select the notification checkbox below.
- Click into the Phone Number field and enter the 10 numbers (area code, exchange, and number) of the telephone number for the Honoree.
(1) You can must enter an email address if you are going to select the gift notification option below.
(2) You can edit most of this information later in the Champion Center.
Step 3: Elect to Send Automatic Gift Notifications to the Honoree
- Leave the Yes, please send the contact an email when a gift is made to this fund checkbox unchecked if you do not want the Honoree to receive an email each time a donation is made.
- Or, click the Yes, please send the contact an email when a gift is made to this fund checkbox to place a checkmark in it and activate this option.
(1) Some people may want to keep track of the fund progress and this provides a way to do that.
(2) You can change this option later in the Champion Center.
(3)You can also use the Champion Center to add more contacts to be notified if the Honoree requests it.
Step 4: Display the Next Page
Click the Next Step button. The Enter Your Information page opens. For assistance, go to Entering Your Information.