Sending an Appeal for Support Reminder to Contacts Who Have Not Yet Donated to Your Fund
In the list on the Follow Up page, a (Blue Notification Flag) displays in the To Do column of each contact who has not yet donated to your fund although you have sent them the Appeal for support from the Email area of this Champion Center.
You can consolidate this list by changing the list view and then send everyone, or selected contacts, a polite reminder about your fund.
Step 1: Display the Follow Up Page
From the top of a Champion Center page, click Follow Up (or the Follow Up link from the bottom of the page).
Note: If you are not in the Champion Center for your fund, click the link that displays the Personal Fundraising campaigns and click the Champion Center or Champion Dashboard link to locate the fund you want to work with.
Step 2: Display the List of Contacts Who Should Receive this Email
From the Show contacts who drop-down list, click Should be sent a follow-up email.
Step 3: Select the Contacts to Receive this Email
To send this email to:
- Everyone in the list, click the Send Email to All button.
- Only selected contacts in the list, click the checkbox for each contact and click the Send Email to Selected button.
Note: To remove someone from this list (for example, if you know they won’t be donating to this fund or you have contacted them in a different way), click the checkbox next to their name and click the Clear To Do Flag button.
Step 4: Select the Email Message Template to Use and Enter Content
- A prepared email (such as Appeal Reminder) without any changes, simply click its name. The message envelope and content display.
- The Blank Message (or the original Appeal) and compose the message now:
- Click Blank Message. The message envelope and content display.
- For Your Name, enter the text you want people to associate with this message.
- For Subject, enter a subject line to entice people to open and view this email (for example, Just a Reminder About the Fund for Pat Smith).
- In the Body area, enter your content or revise the existing wording. Note that you cannot use formatted or HTML coding in this area.
- To be sure the message will display to recipients as you want it to:
- Click the Preview button. The message displays in a separate browser window.
- Carefully look over the subject and message to be sure it conveys the thought you want and, when you are finished, click the Close Preview Window button.
- Make any adjustments and repeat the Preview step above until you are happy with the results.
- To save the content in this email for future use:
- Click Save (located below the message area). The Save Email Message as a Template to Use Later pop-up displays.
- For Message Name, enter a meaningful and descriptive label for this message (like First Appeal Reminder).
- Click Save. The message saves to your Suggested Messages template list in the Champion Center Email area.
Step 4: Send the Reminder Email
Click Send (located below the message area). The Thank You! Your email has been sent page displays with links that you can use to perform your next task.